Sports Massage is deep form of massage, particularly suited to relieving the pain of aching, tight or overused muscles. Muscle strain might occur after heavy sport and exercise, but it is just as likely to occur in everyday situations such as sitting too long at a desk, lifting something awkwardly, or from feeling stressed.
At Calmblue, the goal of Sports Massage is to use a holistic approach in the assessment and treatment of a problem. In other words the treatment should address both the symptoms and tackle the likely causes. In addition, patients need to be given information on how to keep well. This might involve giving specific exercises and/or it might be a chat about simple changes at work or at home that you could make to improve your condition. In some cases patients may need to be referred to a physiotherapist, osteopath or podiatrist for more specific work, rehabilitation or exercise programmes.
If you have:
- Muscle aches and pains
- Neck and shoulder tension
- Back ache
- Poor Flexibility
- Poor Range of movement
- Posture issues
- Disturbed sleep
Sports Massage may help all of these conditions, in fact it can benefit everybody.
- Please allow one hour for your appointment.
- You will be asked to complete a general questionnaire about your health and to give details about the nature of any injury or physical complaint.
- Following a few assessments your treatment and massage will begin. This will involve specific remedial massage techniques and may include stretching of the affected muscles and mobilisation.
- Although remedial massage is a deep form of massage, it should not be painful. You are encouraged to give feedback during your treatment so that it can be suited to ‘you’ for maximum benefit.
- After your massage you may be re-assessed to check for improvements.
- Massage releases toxins from the muscles into the bloodstream. To assist their removal, please drink plenty of water afterwards.
Scottish Massage Therapists Organisation. SMTO.
Sports Massage is available:
- with Alison on Mondays and Thursdays between 10am and 7.30pm, and on Saturdays between 10am and 5.30pm.
- with John on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 10am and 8pm, and Fridays between 10am and 1.30pm plus between 5.30pm and 6.30pm.
Payment accepted by cheque or cash. If you need to cancel a booking, please let us know 24 hours before your session to avoid cancellation charges.